Making your smile beautiful is as easy as visiting a dental clinic for teeth whitening treatment or buying tooth products widely available in the market. You don’t have to change your habits to make your teeth white. By simply changing your toothpaste to whitening toothpaste, you can get the white teeth you desire.
Certain foods and beverages can cause teeth to become discolored. These foods include coffee, tea, wine and sports drinks. Smoking can also cause teeth to stain.
Why Whiten Teeth
As a result of our eating and drinking certain foods and drinks, we acquire stains which affect our teeth appearance. They also change color with age due to pigmentation occurring inside the teeth. While our teeth are not perfectly teeth, many people feel that they can improve their look and smile by making their teeth brighter. Fortunately, there are various ways you can consider to remove stains and discoloration to get a radiant smile.
Good oral hygiene is necessary for anyone who wants bright teeth. Some of the habits you should consider to prevent stain formation and keep your teeth white include:
- Brushing and using mouthwash regularly
- Flossing teeth at least once a day to remove dental plaque
- Wait at least 30 minutes before brushing after consuming acidic foods. (Acids affect tooth enamel and when you brush your teeth when the enamel is weakened, you can cause damage).
- Consider eating foods like apples, pears, celery, carrots, cauliflower and cucumbers which help in eliminating bacteria and keep teeth clean
- Use a straw when drinking beverages such as coffee, tea, or wine to keep stain away from teeth
Teeth Whitening Procedures
There are several dental procedures to whiten your teeth which are:
Professional Teeth Whitening
Dentists near you can offer professional treatment procedures and tend to use concentrated whitening agents which produce results more quickly. You can get white teeth in just one visit. The added benefit of this option is being treated by a professional dentist.
Laser teeth whitening is another effective procedure for removing stains. Some say it can whiten a patient’s teeth in about an hour. You should consult your local dentist if you are interested in this procedure.
Want a bright, white smile? Book an appointment with us.